So on my Optavia program we’re supposed to have a healthy lean and green meal at some point during the day. You’re supposed to eat 6 times per day and this is usually my next to last meal of the day. A couple of weeks I smoked a bunch of chicken breasts and had those throughout the week. Honestly chicken gets pretty boring for me, and it’s one of the highest protein, lowest fat foods we can have. (At least in the white meat, skinless variety) So it just helps accelerate your progress if you can have it more than say a tender juicy rib eye . . . I’d about do anything for a rib eye right now. Where was I? Oh right. Chicken. Extra lean, white meat chicken.
Today I went to our local farm store for lack of a better term. It’s a store that sells a lot of fresh stuff and has an eclectic mix of things. I picked up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts with the idea of creating something tasty and palatable for the next couple of days. For Optavia we’re only allowed about 6 ounces of cooked chicken breast for our healthy lean and green. The breasts I got were about a pound each. So about 1/2 a breast would work for each of us. (I tend to eat a little more protein than I’m supposed to or than Teri eats, and so far I’m OK with my weight loss and hunger level)
The plan was to butterfly the breasts, trim off any excess fat, season them, then spread laughing cow cheese on the, line them with spinach and fold them back together and bake them. I have to say, I’m pretty happy with my little creation. It had a lot of flavor and really hit the spot.
Makes 8 servings
- (4) 1 Pound Chicken Breasts
- 8 Wedges of Laughing Cow Light Cheese
- Seasoning of Choice (I used Meat Church Holy Voodoo
- Spinach Leaves
- Butterfly the chicken breasts
- Season all sides lightly
- Two wedges of laughing cow cheese slit in half to give you two thinner wedges, spread evenly on the chicken breast
- Line with spinach
- Fold back together
- Secure with toothpicks if desired
- Bake at 375º for 35 – 45 minutes until an instant read thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165º at the thickest part of each breast
- Cut in half and enjoy!
1 Leaner, 1 Healthy Fat and a Bit of Green per serving